Best of 2016 | Top 10 Posts

6:00 AM


This is it. Another amazing year, much of it a blur in the truest sense, but so many feelings come up as I think back month by month about how much has changed. 

We started the year as a family of three, awaiting the arrival of our sweet little Emerson. April came along and she was here. Aria turned two - I still cannot believe it. She has grown and changed so much this year, turning into a sweet and smart little girl, I love her more everyday. Becoming a mom of two has created it's own changes within me, as a mom & wife. Learning how to raise our girls, be more patient, nurturing, and function on two hours of sleep has been humbling to say the least. Then we took on creating and launching an app! I can't even tell you when that idea actually stuck, but we ran with it. And somewhere along the way I decided I wanted a digital store and opened my Etsy shop. With all of this, you are all still here. I can't thank you enough. 

My aim has always been and will always be to uplift, motivate & inspire with this blog, while simply trying to be a better me than I was yesterday. I originally thought that if I could make even one person's day a little bit better by visiting here, that all the effort would be worth it. All the late nights of code and emails, cropping images and research, etc. To hear that someone had made my soup for their family, or tried one of my workouts or completed a monthly challenge, is so so incredibly rewarding. Starting to earn money from my blog for my own growing family while typing late at night, testing and retesting a recipe to make sure it was right, creating chalkboard prints for my Etsy shop during nap time and taking pictures of our activities together became such an additional blessing from this blog. 

As I put together my goals for 2017, I found myself reviewing 2016 and blown away at the response to some of my posts. Thousands of you finding something helpful, useful or reassuring. Since some of the posts seem to take off a little while after they were put together, I thought maybe a recap of the top posts, those that seemed to be the most useful for many of you might be helpful for someone new to this blog. 


2. Paleo Pineapple Chili - maybe I'm a little obsessed, because I posted about it twice, haha! Newest version is here.

3. My simple postpartum experience ranking in the top 3 really surprised me. 

4. I may have to hold another summer 10,000 Kettlebell Swing Challenge. ;) 

5. This Mexican Machaca is simply delicious. I'm so thrilled that so many of you tried it. 

6. Because everyone wants to join the no-sleep party.. just kidding. Here's why we threw out Babywise. 

7. I feel good as new after the Postpartum Hernia repair, but prior to the surgery, I was seeking out some sort of information to know what to expect and was quite disappointed. I'm so happy I could be a resource. 

8. For having just put together these Gift Guides last month, I am floored at where they went. Although these were created during the holidays, these fun ideas are perfect year-round, birthdays, anniversarys or just for a sweet surprise. For the special guy in your life and your sweet little ones, Thank you for supporting the brands that support us. 

9. You guys love lists.. and so do it. The Top iPhone Apps for Moms, Bloggers & Instagrammers was so fun to put together & share. 

10. And lastly, our app was a project of passion. Health & fitness consume our everyday lives and to bring these diets to you and make it easy to follow made us so happy. To think that we now fall into the category of "a small startup", and to see so many of you read my post & download our app blows us away.  I shared some simple progress pics from the diet we follow and we can't wait to see your results.

I am so excited for the year ahead, all the fun things in store and I want you to join me. None of this would be possible without you, so my sincerest gratitude goes out to you. Happy New Years to all of you. 

XOXO, McKenzie


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe...it's FREE

Powered by Blogger.