Our Christmas & December Highlights

6:41 AM


It's 5:45am, my second cup of coffee is halfway finished, the house smells like a York peppermint patty (Stress Away + Peppermint) and Bubble Guppies are already apart of my morning. Our day started at 4am when both girls decided it was time to wake up. I never know if it's a tiny human collaboration, a Thursday morning mutiny or the result of one's noise waking the other. 
Probably all three. 

I took a little break from social media and electronic devices in general over the holiday and it felt so good. I literally made an effort to leave my phone in the back room as much as possible and realized I should do that more often. Christmas was upon us a little too fast, and after our power outage, where the hours seemed to creep by, left us realizing the holiday was literally only a few days away. 

One afternoon was reserved for a little Pajama Christmas Party for the Aria and her little girlfriends to decorate mini gingerbread houses and play while us mommies enjoyed coffee, cocoa and a little wine. I only wish I took more pictures - but toddlers & icing + sprinkles required a little more involvement, it was SO fun. 

After a solo late night trip to Target (which I highly recommend ;) and a gift-wrapping marathon, we were all set.

Christmas morning was here and Emerson was clueless as to why were were encouraging her to rip the paper, because scaling the packages was the obvious task at hand. Aria, though was beyond excited. The fact that Santa was coming and bringing presents seemed to be a little more understood the 2-3 days prior, which only added to the magic & fun of the morning as she unwrapped each present. 










The rest of the weekend was pretty low key. I was briefly sad to be done with Christmas, but our tree was a crispy critter waiting to ignite, so it had to come down. I seriously could do candy-cane hunts with Aria and top Emi's baby cheeks with Santa hats all year. But it felt so good to clean and organize the house as we took down all of the the decorations. 

With all of that, I am officially ready for Spring. I wouldn't mind snoozing through January & February. I cannot believe how fast the time has passed this year. To think I was 2/3 of the way through my pregnancy with Emerson at this time last year blows my mind. 

I wish you all a wonderful New Years! Ours will most likely be low key with a kiss & a toast at midnight (who am I kidding, it'll be 9pm ;). I also have to say THANK YOU to all of you for reading and supporting this little blog. My little space to share with you all has grown and is growing and I can't wait for this coming year.  

XOXO

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe...it's FREE

Powered by Blogger.