Crockpot Love: Paleo Pineapple Chili

10:00 PM

 I have a crush on my crockpot. I love putting a bunch of ingredients together and letting the flavors meld together for a bowl of soul-warming goodness. One of my favorite dishes is this Paleo Pineapple Chili. I'm not the creator, but I've adopted it as my own, haha. Each time I make it I tweak something depending on how spicy I want it, what I have on hand.. etc. It's one of those dishes that I love to make every couple months, therefore I have to share it with you. 

You can find my original post here, but I thought I'd share a little update :) 



Paleo Pineapple Chili

Prep Time: 15 Mins    
Serves: 6-8 (Feel free to double the recipe – it’s generally eaten way too fast!)

Ingredients
• 1/2 pound bacon*, cut into thin strips
• 1 medium onions, diced
• 2 bell peppers, diced
• 1 jalapeño, diced (seeds optional)
• 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
• 1.5-2 pounds, grass fed ground beef
• 1/4 cup chili powder
• 2 teaspoons ground cumin
• sea salt to taste
• black pepper to taste
• 1 (20-ounce) can of diced pineapple & juice
• 1 (15-ounce) can of tomato sauce
• 1 (14-ounce) can of fire roasted diced tomatoes

Instructions
1. Preheat a large pan to medium-high heat and brown the strips of bacon, remove, set aside. You can choose to use the bacon fat or drain it off. 

2. Using the same pan, brown the ground beef, breaking into small chunks. 

3. Once your bacon has cooled, cut the strips into 1" pieces.  Place cooked beef and bacon in crockpot.

4. Add all other ingredients, stir to combine.

5. Cook on low for 4-8 hours. Since the beef and bacon are cooked, you are simply letting the flavors come together. 

6. Serve with delicious toppings:  Cilantro, Avocado, Fresh Pineapple..Salsa. All the toppings. 

If not strict Paleo, this is also delicious with Shredded Cheese and a dollop of Sour Cream. You can also serve the chili over rice or sweet potato to add some carbs.

*depending on the bacon you use, this recipe is Whole30 Approved. 

Whats your favorite crockpot recipe? I'd love to hear! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe...it's FREE

Powered by Blogger.