Friday Favorites

7:37 AM

Pic via Pinterest
I haven't done a Friday Favorites in awhile, so here's everything I'm loving right now. I can't get enough of this little pumpkin carriage, I need one stat! This Fall weather also makes me want to bake like a mad woman and eat ALL the cake, cookies & brownies I can get my hands on. 

So these pumpkin bars will probably happen this weekend. And these cookies - I mean butterscotch, chocolate, sea salt & pretzel cookies sound heavenly

I realized recently that will all the baking I do, I don't own 3 things which seem like a baking staple; I don't have a pie dish, cooling racks - I always end up using parchment paper, and I don't have "cookie jar". Someday I will finally just order this pie dish, and I will then make this crust. And you can never have enough mixing bowls. :)

Also, in regard to baking, have you seen these gorgeous gold measuring spoons. I have 10 sets of spoons, but I had to get one more. 

I don't buy lattes much, mainly because I can't get out the door early enough, and I can't wait past 7am to have a cup of coffee, but have you tried Starbucks White Chocolate Salted Caramel Latte..??! all the heart emojis. I drank that faster than a little kid with strawberry milk. 

I keep going back and forth, but I'm loving the idea of matching pj's for the whole family. These are my favorite

If matching adult pj's aren't your thing, these are the best for little ones. Super soft and durable, and you can mix & match the tops and bottoms. I don't know how many times I've considered these their OOTD.. ;) And if you have boys, how cute are these?!

Our family photos aren't until the end of the month, but I'm already drooling over these holiday cards. They are all so pretty and seem to get me more in the holiday spirit than anything else. I love the simple design of these and these, but the colors on these, they are all SO pretty! 

Confession: I haven't pulled out any Halloween decorations yet. I picked up a few a month ago and those are up, but I just haven't felt ready for Halloween this year. So my goal for the weekend is to put a few more things up. Part of this may be due to the fact that Aria is scared of all the Halloween decor in stores, she literally starts shaking. And, she calls ghosts "spookys" which is the best. 

Also Aria jumped on the Frozen train and has watched it on repeat all. week. long. She discovered a Disney barbie doll that sings "Let it Go" while at Toys R Us last week - game over. So needless to say my dreams of a couple cute mermaids for Halloween this year went out the window, now we have Elsa & Anna. I seriously found the cutest baby Anna costume yesterday, I can't wait to put it on Emi! 

On that note, she is into Barbies much sooner than I thought she would be. Even though Frozen happened, she still loves mermaids and suckered me into a mermaid barbie a couple weeks ago - she makes it swim around, carries it everywhere with her, and brushes her hair smooth, then makes it a mess just to brush it again. 

Some of you know that I'm working hard on a little self improvement, less judgement, less guilt, trying to be a better wife, mom and friend. I've read a few book recently, but I think the most impact-making thing was watching "I am not your Guru" (on Netflix), a Tony Robbin's documentary of sorts, on his seminars. I've never paid much attention to him and his practices, but I love all of it. It resonates more than anything else, so now I'm onto his book "Awaken the Giant Within". Halfway in, I highly recommend it. 


And lastly, this quote is my favorite. I love Today is the Best Day, if you are looking for a mama blog to follow, add hers. 

So many fun things to share! If you want more posts like these, let me know! And of course, if you spy something fun, I'd love to hear about it, scroll to the bottom for comments, or email me at barbellinthekitchen@gmail.com

XOXO, McKenzie


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe...it's FREE

Powered by Blogger.