5 Minute Caramel Sauce

9:00 AM


Over the weekend I made up some pumpkin pie bars - similar to pie, but in bar form because I was testing out a new gluten free crust. Everything turned out great, but then I realized I didn't have any whip cream #firstworldproblems. I had some leftover evaporated milk that I wanted to put to use so I made up this 5 minute caramel sauce.

Versatile, delicious and so simple it'll be your go to caramel sauce.

Add a little cardamom, pumpkin pie or apple pie spice to change up the flavor profile.

Top pies, cookies, cake, stir into brownie batter, use for bread pudding, over ice cream, dip caramel apples, coat pear slices.. Or eat it by the spoonful like I did. The options are endless.


5 Minute Caramel Sauce

Yeild: About 1 cup: 

Ingredients:
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup milk or use leftover evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Bring brown sugar, butter, and milk to a gentle boil and cook until thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat; add vanilla extract.

Store in the fridge for up to a week or freeze for up to 3 months. Don't worry, it won't last that long ;)

Pin, save to Evernote or save the link in your phone.. The holidays are coming!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe...it's FREE

Powered by Blogger.