Breakfast: Anything Muffins

2:24 PM

Good morning! I love having a weekday off, it feels more like a mini-vacation than the weekend just because once hubby is home, we usually tackle as much as we can as fast as week can, and they just go by so fast! On a weekday, I can take my time.. workout, bake something for breakfast, go for a morning walk (I love crisp fall mornings!) and whatever else sounds good. Aria is still taking a morning nap (most mornings anyway), so with a rather predictable nap routine, I work it to my favor.


I can't start my day without a cup of coffee.. grind the beans, press and relax on the couch before Seth leaves for work. Once he leaves, I'll try to squeeze in a quick workout.  Now that ya'll know whats up with the bump.. I have to say I was really lacking motivation for a few weeks, but heading into the 2nd trimester, I'm feeling more like myself.

Once the workout and a shower is out of the way, Aria is usually waking up and it's time for breakfast. She's became quite the fan of muffins and pancakes lately.. who can blame her? Banana, zucchini, pumpkin.. I've put together a versatile recipe for whatever your heart desires. It's super easy to put together, and most items are a staple in our pantry. Plus.. it's gluten, dairy and egg free. Score!


Anything Muffins

Gluten, Dairy & Egg Free
Makes 9-12 standard muffins

1 cup King Arthur Gluten Free Flour
2 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 cup non-dairy milk (I prefer coconut)
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup coconut palm sugar
1/4 cup melted ghee, mild-flavored oil, (or butter if dairy is ok)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2-3/4 cup puree of choice:
2 medium bananas
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 seeded, grated zucchini

1. Preheat over to 350 degrees. Place paper liners in muffin tin.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together: flour blend, baking powder, cinnamon, xanthan gum, and salt. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
3. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, fill each muffin tin about 3/4 full.
4. Bake for 22-24 mins, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool and enjoy!







If you end up making this recipe (or any others for that matter) be sure to come back and leave a comment or share a photo of social media and tag me (@mwheeler711 on Instagram) or #barbellinthekitchen so that I see it. I love seeing and sharing your BITK creations. It literally makes my day. <3

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe...it's FREE

Powered by Blogger.