Backyard Coleslaw

6:51 AM

I know summer is winding to a close, with a kiss of fall greeting us each morning. But I love how fresh and summery coleslaw always seems.



I recently had a Saturday off, a treat during the summer months, so we spent the day doing everything and absolutely nothing. We did end it by slow-smoking a flat iron from the local butcher shop and cooking a little dinner together. To top it off, we recently (and finally) acquired a fire-pit, I fell in love with this one, and decided to break it in.


Neither of us are big fans of mayonnaise, texture, mouth-feel and with not being able to do eggs, I decided to get creative. I also love a high-acid dressing, so I put a little concoction together and perfected it with the second batch.

Backyard Coleslaw

Dairy-free/Gluten-free/Egg-free 
Serves 4

1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
3 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp lime juice
shy 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Equal parts salt & pepper to taste - I used 1 Tbsp each
1 Tbsp honey

Blend dressing with a fork or small whisk, pour over prepared cabbage mixture. Let sit 5 mins. Enjoy!



To top it off, here is a little Monday whiteboard workout. Feel free to sub the kettlebell swings with push ups and the good mornings with another round of lunges for good, strong hamstrings!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe...it's FREE

Powered by Blogger.