Mini Summer Crisp GF | DF

6:30 AM

I adore summer. I adore summer berries.

Fresh raspberries, blueberries, strawberries and more a more recent love, tayberries.


I find myself quite frequently torn between giving in to my sweet tooth or resisting temptation and maintaining my meal plan for the day. With this crisp recipe I feel I can do both and not feel one ounce of guilt.  These are Paleo, gluten, dairy, soy and egg free. Heck yes.

You can use your favorite berries or fruit - I had peaches, raspberries and blackberries on hand.


Mini Summer Cobbler

Makes 4 single-serve crisps

1 cup of whole berries, sliced if using strawberries
1 peach, thinly sliced
1/2 lemon
1 cup + 1/4 cup gluten free flour*
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
4 tbsp dairy free butter** or ghee
1/4 cup honey 
2 tsp vanilla

1. Pre-heat over to 375 degrees

2. Lay berries and sliced peaches in a single layer on bottom of mini tart pans or greased ramekins, squeeze lemon juice over the fruit (secret: it brightens the flavors) 

3. In a small bowl mix 1 cup of gluten free flour and the nutmeg and cinnamon with a fork until well combined. In another small bowl or glass measuring cup, melt ghee or dairy free butter. Add in the vanilla and honey, mix well. 

4. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry. This is where the extra flour comes in, slowly add in small amounts of flour until your mixture is crumbly. This will vary depending on the type of flour you use. 

5. Distribute the crumb topping among the berries and pans. Bake on a foil-lined baking sheet (to catch drips) for 30-35 minutues, until topping is golden brown. 

6. Let cool 15 min, top with coconut cream and enjoy. 


Today's Workout: 

a) 3x10 walking weighted lunges
b) 3x10 good mornings

a) 3x10 backsquats - no failed reps
b) 3x10 straight leg deadlifts

50 leg lifts/knee tucks
50 ab mat sit-ups
1 min plank




Notes:
* I have used King Arthur's and Bob's Red Mill gluten free flour blends with great results. You can always sub in Almond Flour or Coconut Flour, but note that absorbency may vary even more. 

** For a dairy & soy free butter I really like using Earth Balance. You can also use ghee or clarify your own butter for dairy free results. Not dairy free? Feel free to use a quality butter, I recommend Kerrygold brand. 


If you end up making this recipe (or any others for that matter) be sure to come back and leave a comment or share a photo of social media and tag me (@mwheeler711) or #barbellinthekitchen so that I see it. I love seeing and sharing your BITK creations. It literally makes my day

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe...it's FREE

Powered by Blogger.