Sockeye Salmon with Pineapple Citrus Salsa

3:25 PM


Every once in awhile I start to crave fish, strange.. maybe. But we eat a lot of chicken and beef in this house, so I just have to change it up. I frequent Costco, I love Costco. I purchase majority of our protein there, and last week I scooped up some a couple huge fillets of fresh wild caught sockeye salmon.


This may be my new go-to for salmon, the meat was flaky, moist and flavorful. The salsa added a bright and fresh contrast to the fish. This could go with any number of sides.. I happened to have rice made ahead and steamed the green beans while the salmon was baking.

Sockeye Salmon & Pineapple Citrus Salsa

Serves 4
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins



For the Salmon: 
  1. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Foil line a 9x13 glass baking dish. 
  2. Place salmon fillet in dish, season with salt & pepper. In a small measuring cup mix the Coconut Aminos Teryaki Sauce with the Chili Garlic Sauce (this stuff has the best flavor!), then using a basting brush, coat the salmon fillet. Place lemon slices on fillet - (cooking lemon slices sweetens the juice it by caramelizing the sugars)
  3. Place in the oven for 12-15 mins, until meat flakes easily with a fork. 

For the Salsa: 

  • 1/2 cup crushed pineapple
  • 2 mandarin oranges, peeled, cut into chunks*
  • 2-3 tablespoons finely diced cilantro
  • 2-3 green onions, sliced
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • 1 tsp lime juice

  1. Blend all the ingredients with a fork, let sit 5 mins
  2. Simply spoon onto each salmon fillet before serving. Enjoy! 

Notes: * you can use canned mandarin oranges in their own juice if they are not in season. 






If you end up making this recipe (or any others for that matter) be sure to come back and leave a comment or share a photo of social media and tag me (@mwheeler711 on Instagram) or #barbellinthekitchen so that I see it. I love seeing and sharing your BITK creations. It literally makes my day. <3

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe...it's FREE

Powered by Blogger.