Perfect Paleo Cranberry Sauce

8:07 PM



Cranberry is a fall staple. Forget the pumpkin spice, candy corn.. or even the stuffing. Cranberry sauce better be at the Thanksgiving table.

I grew up on the canned, jellied cranberry sauce.. I love it, and honestly still really want it once in awhile, however, I can't handle the corn syrup or other additives so for the past couple years I've been making my own. 

It's really easy, and more of a non-recipe recipe - I always vary something or another, it's hard to mess up and always turns out wonderful. I prefer to strain mine for a smooth, jelly-like consistency, but you can always leave it un-strained and chunky. 


Perfect Paleo Cranberry Sauce

2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
1/4-1/3 cup honey (depending on how sweet you like it)
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 tsp salt
zest of one orange (optional)

1. Place the cranberries & orange juice in a medium saucepan. Drizzle the honey throughout and stir to combine.

2. Turn heat to medium-high, bring to a simmer. Leave uncovered, reduce heat to low and simmer 15-20 mins, until thickened

3. Remove from heat, let cook 5-10 mins, the sauce will continue to thicken.

4. If you would like, pour sauce mixture into mesh strainer over a large bowl, and using a spoon, press puree until only chunks remain. Discard or snack away ;)

5. Place cranberry jelly into bowl to serve warm or into jars to cool overnight.

Enjoy! :) 





As always, let me know if you make one of the BITK creations, I'd love to hear how it turns out! Share on Instagram, @mwheeler711 or #barbellinthekitchen. It makes my day! <3

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe...it's FREE

Powered by Blogger.