Marbled Eggs DIY

12:44 PM


I don't post much for DIY but I did receive some questions as to how these fun little Easter eggs were created, so I thought I'd put together a quick post. 

I was not adventurous enough to attempt these with Aria since the combination of oil, food coloring & toddler fingers scares the daylights out of me. But I did pick up some super washable egg dye that we're going to try tonight with her :)


To make these little beauties you'll need: 

2 dye cups or coffee mugs
2 tbsp white vinegar
1-1 1/2 cups water
2 tbsp oil - olive or vegetable
food coloring

Place 1 tbsp vinegar, 1/2-1 cup water and 1 tbsp oil in each up. 
I used two cups for each color, one with only a drop of color and another cup with 4-5 drops of color for a softer contrast on the white egg shells.  Play with it and see what you like. 

Another trick to this is if you stir the color mixture vigorously right before dropping in your egg, you'll have a finer marbling. Whereas if you let the oil & water separate more, the marbling will be larger.

Remove your eggs after 10-15 seconds in the dye and dry with a paper towel. 

I started with pink (red coloring) then added a touch of blue for some purple ones.. 



Hope you have a wonderful Easter, I can't wait since this will be the first year Aria can egg hunt! :) Do you have any family traditions you follow each year? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe...it's FREE

Powered by Blogger.