Pre-Workout Green Smoothie

12:28 PM

I love smoothies, except I don't love all the sugar and additives, so I try to just make them at home. This one is super simple and even toddler approved. I have a couple variations depending on if you are using this as a pre-workout, post-worktout, meal replacement or snack, but it's always delicious! 


Green Smoothie Base

1/2 pear
1 banana
1 tbsp almond butter
1/2 cup spinach or kale
1 cup milk of choice

Throw all the ingredients in a blender cup, add the milk and whip it up. 

Preferences
  • For the almond butter, we LOVE Justin's Vanilla Almond Butter (I really just want to eat it by the spoon).  
  • Spinach has been the winner for Aria, but I prefer it with kale. 
  • I've added avocado to Aria's for extra calories and healthy fats - she has no idea ;) 
  • Regarding milk, this is completely up to you. I have used Trader Joe's canned organic coconut milk, So Delicious & Dairy Free Vanilla Coconut Milk, So Delicious & Dairy Free Almond Milk Plus Protein.. you name it. 
  • For protein (see variations below), I prefer adding vanilla protein, but we've added chocolate and it was great too! 
  • I'll make a batch of these when I have a chance, just stuff all the ingredients, except the milk and protein, into individual blender cups, seal and throw in the freezer. Then when you're ready, add your protein and top up the cup with milk, blend and go! 

Variations

Pre-Workout or Meal Replacement: 

Add 1 scoop Whey Protein
1 additional tablespoon of Almond Butter

Post-Workout: 

Add 1 scoop Whey Protein
Omit Almond Butter/Nut Butter and stick with Almond Milk or another low fat milk.  You really don't have to have any fats for about an hour after working out, just protein and some carbs. 

Let me know what you think, as well as any amazing variations you come up with! 





You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. This looks delicious! Thank you for making it so simple ��

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe...it's FREE

Powered by Blogger.