Hello 3rd Trimester

12:49 PM

While I was pregnant with Aria I had all sorts of time to make cute chalkboards and document my pregnancy - not so much this time around, haha! Keeping up with a toddler, along with everything else in life has 1. made this pregnancy go by so fast, and 2. left no time for chalkboards! (Sorry baby girl, you'll just have to fill in the gaps ;))


But this past weekend we hit the last big milestone before she arrives.. we opened the door to the 3rd trimester. The home stretch! So I figured it's about time for a little bump-date, complete with a little preggo quiz. 

Name: Emerson Rose Wheeler, we've already been calling her Emi :)

How far along? 28 weeks, 5 days

Total weight gain/loss: 25lbs - Thank you holidays.. I actually gained 35lbs with Aria, so I'm sure that's about where I'll be with Emerson too. I asked my doc at the last appointment and she said I'm literally .3lbs off from this point last time. 

Maternity clothes? Yes, kinda.  I live in my yoga pants.  I'm thankful that it's winter and I can wear a long top, leggings and boots everyday. I did invest in some absolutely amazing maternity support-leggings that I wear every chance I get.  I wear some maternity tops.. but mostly I just go up a size or buy longer and/or stretchy tops. 

Stretch marks? Nope (and Thank you Jesus... and Mustela )

Sleep: Need more naps, but I'm sleeping pretty good at night. Just don't ask my husband about all the pillows...

Movement: This girl is a mover & a shaker. She is definitely the strongest of the two! She's frequent to remind me that she's a passenger everywhere we go :).  Luckily, she also seems to be a daytime girl, and mellows out and sleeps at night (hallelujah!).  Aria was a night owl, with not much downtime.. this was still the case for about 10 months after she was born.. and she's still not a sleeper, haha!

Food cravings: I'll take a chicken-steak-loaded with everything burrito please - extra sauce, guac and all the toppings. Oh wait.. chocolate ice-cream? with a bite or two of brownie.. ? of course! 
Seriously though.. it's been all about burritos and sweets this time around. Occasionally, I'll want something random like pancakes.. and I had a phase of craving imitation crab (I know - weird, but so delicious). So I take it one craving at a time. 

Bump vs Belly: I felt like I had a little baby bump from the week we found out we were pregnant, and she's been making herself well known since then.  Emerson is bigger.. quite a bit actually compared to Aria at this point. We had an ultrasound a week or so ago and the tech said she's ahead of the weight/size curve, so we'll see! 

Labor Signs: I’ve already been having quite a few braxton hicks, most are hardly noticeable, and other times I have to stop what I'm doing until things settle down. 

Belly Button in or out?  In - well, flat as can be!

Happy or Moody?  Ha! A mixture of both I’d say (don’t ask my husband ;). 

I have been feeling the nesting "instinct" hard the past week or so.. I went on a nursery-has-to-be-completed-now spree earlier this week. It was so fun going through all the teeny-tiny clothes and getting everything all set up for her arrival.  <3 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe...it's FREE

Powered by Blogger.