Prego in the Gym

7:39 PM

The month of November kicked my butt. Between all the yummy treats of Thanksgiving and a cough I couldn't seem to shake and every other excuse I can think of - I didn't workout once. (sad emoji here) haha!

But I'm finally feeling better and with my work schedule calming down a bit I've been able to get back into moving some weights around.  We do have a garage gym..but I have to say that I have became less motivated going out there to workout. With a toddler banging on the door yelling "mama!" every 10 seconds I just can't stay focused. 

This blog was originally named after the fact that the past couple winters we have had a barbell in our kitchen - literally, to keep it from being an ice-stick when we wanted to get a workout in. Our kitchen leads to the garage so it was the most convenient location. But I felt I needed to change things up to create some motivation. 

Insert gym membership here. 

Seth started going to a gym a couple months ago and started following a program, so I thought I might try the same. I have to say, that with a background of Crossfit and only a barbell as my main piece of equipment I felt a little overwhelmed, like a Cheez-it in a Goldfish bag, looking at all the machines. I got a rundown on how each thing works, while also searching to make sure that they had normal barbells, bumper plates, kettlebells and squat-racks.. upon location of each I decided to start. ;) 

I picked this program. It's broken down into phases and I can probably stretch out this 12 week program over the next 16 weeks til this little bun arrives.  It also appears pretty flexible, if I miss a day, I'll just pick up where I left off..

Wish me luck! Here's today's workout: 

3 sets of 12 reps: 
Leg Press
Leg Extensions
Backsquats
Leg Curls
Standing Calf Raises
Seated Calf Raises


This called for a pregnant gym selfie... ;) 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe...it's FREE

Powered by Blogger.