These are the days

10:25 AM


It's been awhile since I've shared the girls ages & stages and all the fun things about our days. Life has been a whirlwind lately and the blog has been slow, but our days are overflowing with sweetness as our girls are becoming closer. 

Aria is almost three and I can't even handle it. Every night as we read stories at bedtime and snuggle in the rocking chair a few minutes, I can't help but want to squeeze her to keep her little just a little longer. This girl makes my heart swell and brings me to my breaking point hundreds of times each day. Her vocabulary is incredible and some of the things she says everyday just baffles me. She is all attitude topped with an extra dose of sweetness. Seth and I will be singing along with some tune or dance around when music comes on and all we hear from her is: "Nope." Shut down. Apparently we are already the embarrassing parents ;). But five minutes later she will come ask for a hug & a kiss and ask us to come do a puzzle with her.  She is currently obsessed with tutus, all things ballerina & princesses. She loves to sing & dance will never pass up the opportunity to snuggle and be cozy.  

Emerson, our little loveable ragamuffin is a constant mess in the making. She's almost a year old and I feel like we just brought her home. Her daily struggle is wanting to play with (and eat) everything that Aria has.. which leads to the sisterly battles I recall having with my younger sisters growing up. She's only a couple pounds away from the same weight as Aria, so the battles over barbie dolls & play kitchen utensils are getting interesting. She doubles as a mini-vacuum; anything she finds on the floor goes in her mouth, which was never anything we dealt with before so the actual vacuum has become a permanent living room fixture. She loves food, but still has no teeth, so bananas, peaches & yogurt top the list as her favorite foods. She's walking with her walker, we're sure her first solo steps will come any day now. And she makes the best silly faces & always hugs our legs while were in the kitchen.





I try to remind myself that the days are long and years are short. These days are fleeting. Even when things are crazy, tantrums never-ending, another mess needs cleaning and there are a million more things I need to get done. I have to remind myself that time spent playing with our children is never wasted. Every night I think back through our day and try to store at least one sweet thing in my memory to hopefully never forget, and I hope our girls do too.

I'm working on sharing more of the daily happenings over on Instagram, I hope to see you there! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe...it's FREE

Powered by Blogger.