Welcome Emerson Rose

1:55 PM

We waited and waited for what felt like forever those final weeks of March, looking forward into April. We checked into the hospital on Sunday night, April 3rd for an overnight induction, after treating ourselves to a little date-night dinner since we were about to become parents to two sweet girls. 

The induction & labor went great. A low dose of pitocin set everything in motion and after a while my body took over. I eventually caved for an epidural - those contractions are no joke. I won't go into all the details, but a 10 hour labor and successful VBAC came to an end with my sweet baby girl on my chest and amazing husband by my side. 

Emerson Rose Wheeler arrived at 8:11am, on April 4th, weighing 7lbs 6oz and 20 inches long. 


The past two weeks have been a whirlwind. The days leading up to her birth drug by slower than molasses in January, and now they seem to be slipping by faster than I can even keep up with. I keep asking Seth what day it is.. 

Aria has been adjusting, some days are better than others, but she is always quick to share her blankies, ensure Emi has a binky and give lots of kisses. Seth and I have taken on more of a 'divide & conquer' approach - I often end up handling Emerson's needs and he tends to Aria. We make sure to switch it up a bit, as both Aria & I need just time for the two of us. 


The house is a wreck, dishes and laundry are undone, and there never seems to be enough coffee or naps, but we are so in love with our little family. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe...it's FREE

Powered by Blogger.