More than my Valentine

4:02 PM


I know I'm deviating from the typical health & fitness posts this week, it's just fun to mix it up. I've been in the pink, red & white frame of mind recently with all the cute Valentine's things everywhere you go. 

It's funny to think that ever since Seth and I were dating, neither of us have been big on Valentine's day. We always thought it seemed a little forced; buying flowers, chocolates, cards, dinner out.. believe me, I love those things, but why just do it on one day because you're supposed to? What if those happen by surprise on a random day? (much sweeter in my opinion). 

We usually keep Valentine's pretty low key. We went out the first few years we were married, then with my job in events, I worked the past few, so we would get creative to make each other feel special and appreciated. 

Seth & I have been married for almost seven years. It's kinda crazy to look back on all of our years together.  Life is crazy and chaotic, with work, Seth back in school, and raising a toddler consuming our every day. But we strive to not let a single week go by where we don't chill out and catch up on the important things going on in each other's life. I'm not talking about just work.. but we discuss our dreams, the next steps we should take to reach them, our plans for the year or even just the rest of the week. We text love notes, make each others coffee, and go out of our way to do little things that make each others life a little bit easier. Not to say that marriage doesn't come with its fair share of struggles & arguments, but that's not what you're supposed to focus on in any relationship ;)  So may Valentine's Day be a little reminder to focus on the good, to celebrate all the things there are to love about each other & to have a little fun. 

Thanks for reading my ramblings. Happy Valentine's! XOXO

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe...it's FREE

Powered by Blogger.