50 Squats & 50 Lunges

7:00 AM

Finding the motivation to work out when you are pregnant is like reheating your cup of coffee 5 times, intending to drink it, but eventually dumping the remaining half out. Intentions are great, but intention is like the guy who stares at you as your wrestle your toddler, 5 bags of groceries, digging into your purse for your keys, while trying to keep the cart from hitting your car..

Early morning workout accessories

Blame the pregnancy hormones, they create a conflicting balance of trying to stay in shape for you and the baby while making sure you stay as relaxed as possible.

I plan my workouts, 2-3 times per week currently, but if I just cannot do it - cannot put my yoga pants and tank top on, grab my phone and the speaker and go out to our little garage gym, I will do 50 squats and 50 lunges. 

That's it. I hold myself to that, because it's better than nothing. 
It's not replacing my workout, but simply doing something..

The reason behind this, is a story I've actually have never told anyone but my husband the day it happened. A couple months after I had Aria, I overhead a comment that continues to stick with me and has became a motivator...



I was in Target, summer had decided to finally stick around so I had shorts and a tank top on. Minding my own business, with Aria chilling in her car seat, I browsed the peanut butter selection. There was a lady that was running through the store, talking loudly on her phone, one of those you can hear coming your way. She comes down my isle, stands next to me looking at the strawberry jam, snags a jar, turns around, looks up and down the isle, turns, pauses facing me - then turns and walks away.. all while carrying on her conversation. I paid no attention to what she was talking about until she moves around the corner and says "I just walked by this lady with a brand new baby, who didn't have an ounce of cellulite on her legs, little b****, hahahaha..." 

My mind was blown, mainly due to her end remark at first, but after I looked around, checked the isle for anyone else, I had to smile as the best feeling came over me. 

It wasn't that I may have sparked jealously, I don't try to flaunt anything, ever. But the fact that someone noticed such a thing. How random? Someone I didn't know had to share it with whomever she was talking to. It made me feel so good about all the effort I had put in over the past 9 months pregnant and resuming workouts while taking care of a newborn. 

I think about that story all the time, and always have a mixed reaction, but it prompts me to continue working out, working on myself, staying healthy for myself and my family.


I want to hear your story, motivators, and personal experience.. why do you workout? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe...it's FREE

Powered by Blogger.